“Everything you need to know about running a successful SMSF in one place, in one day"
Join Your Money columnist Rowan Jones and leading industry experts for a day of insight into investment (both International and Australian shares), accounting, property, financial planning and estate planning for your SMSF.
Presented by: Rowan Jones B. Comm, Grad Dip AFI, SMSF Specialist™
When: Saturday 10th March – 8:45am (for 9:00am start) to 4pm
Where: The University Club, UWA, Hackett Drive
Tickets: $75 per person (includes morning tea, buffet lunch, afternoon tea and course materials)
Bookings: Please click HERE to book
Parking: The UWA Club is located off Hackett Drive (limited free parking is available on Hackett Drive). Please click HERE for parking options.
Investing Internationally – Magellan
- Why should you consider investing internationally
- Key global risks on the horizon
- How they view the current market
- Where they are seeing investment opportunities
- The role of technology in global markets and the risk of disruption
- What they look for in an investment
- Best investment ideas for 2018
Running Your Fund – Self Managed Solutions
- What does your SMSF accountant actually do
- Why you need an auditor
- What are your responsibilities as trustee
- How much should you be paying your SMSF accountant
- Biggest mistakes accountants see
- Tips for making things easier and reducing your costs
- What makes a SMSF tax return difficult
- The role technology is playing in SMSF returns
Strategies for Creating Wealth / Superannuation Changes – Entrust Private Wealth Management
- What are the recent legislative changes
- Who will the changes impact and how
- Is super still effective
- How to ensure you don’t miss out on the ‘easy wins’
- A closer look into the $1.6m Transfer Balance Cap
- Strategies to consider to mitigate the potential impacts of the changes including:
- Is it beneficial to be moving assets outside of superannuation?
- Is the Transition to Retirement (TTR) strategy dead?
- Is the re-contribution strategy for estate planning purposes dead?
- Should you be superannuation splitting with your spouse?
Property - Primewest
- Why property is an attractive asset class for SMSFs
- The outlook for the Perth property market
- Why you would consider investing in a property syndicate for your SMSF
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of investing in a property syndicate
- What to look for in selecting a successful property syndicate
- What sets different property syndicates apart
- What returns should you expect from property syndicates
Investing Like a Professional - L1 Capital
- Best investment ideas for 2018
- How to protect your SMSF capital in down markets
- What is their investment philosophy
- How short selling works
- The risks to markets in 2018
- What to look for in an investment
Estate Planning for Your SMSF – Entrust Private Wealth Management
- The superannuation changes and the impact on your SMSF estate plan
- Building a succession plan for the management of your SMSF
- Does super form part of your estate
- Strategies to safeguarding your estate so your intended beneficiaries end up with your super
- The tax consequences for your beneficiaries in receiving your super
- Strategies to maximise your estate (such as re-contribution strategies) and reduce the impact of the taxman
- How to avoid the common mistakes
- What are superannuation death benefit nominations and the difference between binding and non-binding
- What’s the right trustee structure for your SMSF
- The need for reversionary pensions
- Why Enduring Powers of Attorney are essential for all SMSF trustees
The WA Market - Westoz
- What is the outlook for the WA economy
- Where they see investment opportunities
- How to gain exposure to a recovering WA market
- Key investment ideas for 2018
- Challenges in running a Listed Investment Company (LIC)
- Their best investment decision in 2017
- What’s the outlook for resource companies
- What they look for in an investment opportunity
- Magellan - Magellan was formed in 2006 to generate attractive returns for clients by investing in global equities and global listed infrastructure while protecting their capital.
- Self Managed Solutions - Self Managed Solutions are West Australian Self-Managed Superannuation Fund accounting specialists.
- Entrust Private Wealth Management - Entrust Private Wealth Management is a West Australian firm founded to meet the needs of those who value a relationship with a knowledgeable adviser acting in their best interest.
- Primewest - Primewest is a proven property syndicator and developer with an objective to achieve maximum returns for their investors. Primewest manages a portfolio of assets in excess of $3 billion.
- Westoz Funds Management - Westoz Investment Company Limited is a listed public company that has been established to provide investors with an exposure to a portfolio of assets that are intended to show consistent positive returns.
- L1 Capital - L1 Capital is a global investment manager established in 2007 with offices in Melbourne, New York and London.
- Guest Lunchtime Speaker – West Coast Eagles High Performance Manager Glenn Stewart